US$2.31 billion—that’s Malaysia’s projected revenue from the online food delivery market in 2023. A report by Statista suggests that several factors are responsible for the growth of this industry. The blog talks about how you can launch the best Malaysia Food Delivery App and make money from it. Here, you can also see the list of top food apps that are taking the Malaysian market by storm. You will discover the most recent market trends in Malaysia fueling the growth of food delivery applications.
The following are some of the major trends that are propelling Malaysia’s market for food delivery:
People today have become more health-conscious and demand fresh food. Food Delivery Apps, on the other hand, allow users to get fresh food from local restaurants delivered to their doorsteps.
The app enables users to get quick home deliveries of their food. The user simply needs to place their order on the app, and the system alerts the restaurant about the food order.
Simultaneously, the delivery drivers near the restaurant are sent the delivery requests. The nearest driver picks up the package after the restaurant prepares, packs, and delivers it to the user’s address.
If you want to develop a Foodpanda Clone, a Gojek Clone, or an app like Uber Eats, read the following section carefully.
Discussed here are some amazing tips that can help you launch the most powerful food delivery app in Southeast Asia.
- Virtual assistant: integrate chatbots in your app that allow people to get help with their orders.
- Live Activity: Make sure your iOS food delivery has the Live Activity feature that allows iPhone users to see up-to-date status on their lock screen.
- Smartwatch: Many entrepreneurs are also launching smartwatch apps that will help users track their food deliveries and even place orders.
Earlier, there were only two main ways online food delivery services worked: RTC and PTC. However, presently, there’s a new on-demand food delivery model that’s getting popular. Well, this new model is CTC, which is part of platforms like Uber Eats and GrubHub.
Well, when customers place direct orders on their app or website, the order is typically delivered by in-house drivers.
This business model is getting more popular nowadays. People place orders on apps that connect them directly with restaurants and delivery personnel.
Uber Eats, Postmates, and Gojek are the prominent digital middlemen that take the order on the customer’s behalf, notify the restaurant, and then deliver the package.
In brief, this platform brings together the delivery driver, the user, and the restaurant on a single platform.
The app owner, on the other hand, earns commissions on every order placed on the app.
Here, the app acts as a marketplace where people who make food can sell it directly to users. In this approach, both the food makers and delivery service providers are regular consumers.
The platform makes money by taking a commission from all the involved parties, that is, the delivery providers, the customer selling the food, and the users who buy the food.
It’s like a middleman connecting regular people who cook with those who want to buy their food, and everyone involved shares the profits.
Consider why customers would prefer using your app over competitors’ food delivery apps.
To research your target market, you can use these simple methods:
- Surveys and Questionnaires: Ask people directly about their likes, needs, and opinions using surveys or interviews.
- Customer Interviews and Focus Groups: Have one-on-one talks with individuals or small groups of customers to understand their behaviors.
- Online Research and Social Listening: Check social media, forums, and reviews to see what people in Malaysia are saying about services similar to yours.
- Data Analysis and Market Trends: Look at existing information and reports to understand the overall market and spot opportunities and trends.
- Competitor Analysis: Study your competitors to see what they offer, what they’re good at, and what you can offer better than them!
Another important thing to consider when building the best mobile app for your food delivery business is its features. Try to integrate all the basic and advanced features into your app.
Think about your audience and what they prefer most about Restaurant delivery apps. The following essential features must be present in your application:
- Log in without password: This feature allows your app users to log into the app using their Face ID and Fingerprint.
- Choose payment method: Users can choose to pay in cash, by credit card, or via their in-app wallet.
- Order tracking: Your users can track their entire order from the app and also see the live location of the delivery driver on the map.
- Rate and review: Users can also rate and review the services after the delivery is complete.
- Send gift cards: Users can also send gift cards to their close ones. The recipients can then redeem the card amount and use it to order food from the application.
- Refer and earn: The app also allows users to send their referral code to their contacts and invite them to join the app. Immediately after someone uses the code to register with the app and place a delivery order, the user gets rewards.
Here are the top 3 food delivery apps in the country:
It is Malaysia’s fastest online food delivery app. Apart from instant deliveries, the app also allows users to schedule their deliveries.
Users can also choose the self-pick-up option to skip the long line and save money on the delivery fee.
Here, users can choose to pay for their orders using debit/credit cards, wallets like PayPal, or GrabPay Credits. And they can also opt for cash payments!
Foodpanda operates in several cities in Malaysia, including Kuala Lumpur, Shah Alam, Penang, Subang, etc.
To order the food, the users only need to find the restaurant near them, select their location, choose the dish they want, and proceed to checkout. The professional delivery driver will soon deliver the items to the user’s address.
Moreover, the app delivers food 24 hours a day.
Beep is another popular food delivery platform that allows users to order from the best eateries near them.
Moreover, it offers amazing deals and rewards to the users, keeping them wanting for more. Users can also order from restaurants that are 20 Kilometers away from their delivery address.
Also, users can pre-order, make online payments, and track their deliveries in real time on the app.
Food delivery apps have become essential parts of our lives, offering the convenience of ordering meals at our fingertips.
To launch a food delivery app in Malaysia, you will need to build it carefully due to the fierce competition there.
To stand out in a competitive market such as that of giants like Uber and GrubHub, innovation is key.
Partner with white-label app development experts to build an advanced and feature-rich app. Ensure that your Food Delivery application meets your user’s expectations.
So, what are you waiting for? Start the app development process and become the top choice for food enthusiasts in Malaysia.